Long Overdue Update.

So, it’s been more than a little while since I last wrote a blog post. Life has been complete chaos, with ups, downs, twists and turns, some of which have been amazing and others, not so much. I feel like the last 3 months have given me so many opportunities that I couldn’t have even thought to be possible at the beginning of the year and I am grateful for all of the lessons I have learnt in such a small space of time.

The last time I wrote an update, I was in the process applying for jobs as a teaching assistant. After dropping out of Uni, I genuinely thought that I would have no chance of working in a school, so when the opportunity for this position popped up, I was more than willing to apply.  Despite the anxiety, my first interview went well and I was offered the job as a Learning Support Assistant in the Special Educational Needs Unit. I started my job at the beginning of June and worked 5 weeks before breaking up for the summer holidays. I think that having this time before summer allowed me to assess how going back to work would really feel after a whole 6 months off of doing anything. I’m not going to lie, its been the toughest thing I’ve ever had to put my body through. Going from complete rest, to being constantly active was incredibly hard. Some days I would be okay and other days, I needed coaxing out of bed. Even though it is a completely exhausting job, I love working with the children and helping them to grow and learn as individuals. Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely enjoying the rest, however I am looking forward to getting back to it in a few weeks.

The second positive is a very big one and a huge step in mine and my boyfriends relationship. We have finally moved into our own flat together! We were lucky enough to find a lovely little flat in our hometown and after SO much stress, we finally moved in a few days ago. There has been a lot to do and its been a less than easy process, however I can definitely say it has all been worth it. My boyfriend has been amazing and I’m so grateful for the experiences we have together. Without his constant support there’s no way I could have got back to work so quickly and then the likelihood of us being able to move would’ve been slim.

In terms of health, this is where the slight negativity comes in. After experiencing quite a nasty chest infection in late April, my chest hadn’t quite been feeling right for the few months leading up to my respiratory appointment. For months I had been asking for a second CT scan, which was finally agreed to in May. I knew that something was not as simple as it seemed, so I wanted evidence for doctors to see rather than just what I was reporting.

A few weeks ago was my appointment with the specialist, who (as I suspected informed me that my lung damage had deteriorated to quite a large extent. He was apologetic for not taking things more seriously, but if he would have just listened properly to what I had been saying the past few years, then things may have never got so bad. But anyway, he was less than impressed with how my lungs were doing and made the decision to go ahead with another course of IV antibiotics and another picc line. My heart definitely sank when I heard this, with my new job and positive plans coming up, it was not what I wanted to hear at all. I was anxious, but not for the picc itself, more the affects that the picc will have on the next few weeks. After a few weeks of waiting, yesterday I had tubie number 3 placed. The procedure went well and I felt very little pain. I started IV Tazocin and the plan is to give at least a 3 week course of this.

In terms of mental health, I am doing well. With all that’s been going on, there has been so much to keep my mind busy. It’s kind of a blessing but kind of a curse at the same time.

For now, that’s the news. Sorry for the amount of time since my last post. I hope to be able to start posting more regularly again now. Sending well wishes to everyone!!

Ky x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *